Monday, October 8, 2012

Monster Monday: Dark Night of the Scarecrow

"Dark Night of the Scarecrow," not to be confused with "Night of the Scarecrow," was a made for tv movie from 1981.  I watched it countless times as a kid, or so it seems.  This is one of the scary movies that has stuck with me through the years.  To a small child growing up on a farm, the thought of someone hiding INSIDE a scarecrow or a scarecrow coming to life was terrifying.  There were no scarecrows used on the farm on which I lived, but I always wondered if it would magically appear one night in the fields surrounding our house. 

A few weeks ago a friend brought this movie over.  I was stoked to watch it again!  Viewing it as an adult is far less frightening, but it is still a very bizarre and creepy movie.  Watching it again also put my mind at ease.  I now realize that the scarecrow only attacked those that did him wrong, so I have no worries of being attacked by him.  My fear of scarecrows has lightened just a bit.

In honor of this long lost movie from my childhood, I give you my version of "Dark Night of the Scarecrow."  He ain't so bad.  Happy Monday!

Dark Night of the Scarecrow         copyright Geri Shields, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment