Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Monster Monday, I mean Wednesday.

Yes, I'm still cranking them out although production has slowed.  Monster Monday turned out to be a major hit for me on a personal level and I've decided to continue with it, at least for a bit.  My little monsters won't be showing their heads weekly until next year around Halloween time, but occasionally one will come out of winter hibernation to say hello! 

I meant to post this new creature on Monday, you know, keeping with the "Monday" in "Monster Monday," but sadly I was far to ill to muster the strength to open the ol' computer.  I'm now heading into recovery from whatever sickness to which I've been subjected!  Thank goodness!  To celebrate feeling somewhat normal again I wanted to go ahead and share this little guy with you instead of waiting til next week.  So, here he is, the Dracula Parrot!  What?  Dracula Parrot?  You heard it right.  Dracula Parrot.  The inspiration for the Dracula Parrot was from a friend's interpretation of the cover artwork on a Pat Smear solo album.  I guess it's one of those "you had to be there" kind of things, but how could I not illustrate such a tremendous thing? 

Happy Wednesday!

copyright Geri Shields, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment