Friday, March 9, 2012

Feline Friday: Redo

I've mentioned before that I don't normally rework a painting, but it keeps happening lately.  Last month I finished a new flying cat painting and it was shown, along with the others in the series, at the Be Happy. Dammit show at the Museum Gallery/Gallery Museum.  While at the opening, I kept eying the new painting.  It was leaving me feeling unsettled.  The cat turned out more frightening than cute.  Now, I don't mind a bit of creepiness in my paintings from time to time, but it went far beyond that.  I don't know how I didn't see it before, or let it out of my hands without fixing it.  Anyway, I picked up the paintings from the gallery recently and FINALLY fixed the problem cat!  Man!  I feel so much better about it now!  Sorry to those of you that saw it prior to the redo.

Happy Friday!

Changes, acrylic on board, 8"x10"

No comments:

Post a Comment