Friday, March 23, 2012

Feline Friday

Last night I was trying to think up some ideas for some new paintings.  Because we all know that I love cats, I automatically started sketching them while trying to come up with other ideas.  Turns out I liked what I drew and maybe, just maybe, these mindless drawings are the start of a new series or two, involving cats, of course.  Yes, yes, I will eventually get back to creating other critters and characters.  Just hold tight.  

The first of these two images I ended up drawing while watching The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.  As you can see I was a little inspired by the period attire in the movie.  It also kind of reminds me of the intro to Cheers.  I don't know.  Maybe that's just me.  


In the second drawing I was just playing around with different kinds of collars.  She's wearing a peter pan collar with a little bow in the center .  I've been digging those a lot lately.  I do have a few that I wear on occasion.  

The weather this week has been very warm, but today it cooled off a bit and it did rain.  During one of the quick-to-pass showers, the "outdoor office cat" ventured into the office to escape the rain.  She made herself right at home in an unused part of the office.  Isn't she a doll!  

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment