Saturday, February 4, 2012

Out and About: The BonBonerie

It was brought to my attention a few weeks ago by a friend that some of my paintings were on display at The BonBonerie, a delightful bakery here in Cincinnati.  I was curious to see which paintings were there so I stopped by on my way home yesterday.  I had a feeling it was the paintings that involved baked goods, and I was right!  I knew those two had sold during the "Little Conversations" show, but I didn't know where they ended up.  I do have to say they are perfect fit in the bakery.  I love that they are displayed on cake plates.  ADORABLE!  Needless to say, I was excited, and although the shop was crowded with hungry customers, I was able to snap a couple of pictures, with Zach's help.













































I absolutely love The Bonbonerie, and because I have a huge sweet tooth, I couldn't help but get something scrumptious to take home with me.  I ended up getting an Opera Cream cupcake.  I believe that the bakery is known for their Opera Cream Torte, or at least that's what I know them for, and I was thrilled to see that they had it in cupcake form.  If you're not familiar with opera cream, it is a decadent white cream made with fresh cream, milk, and butter.  I first encountered it while working at Aglamesis Bros., which is known for their opera cream candies.  Anyway, after dinner I treated myself to my Opera Cream cupcake.  It was a little piece of heaven.  The light cream offset the dark chocolate cake and ganache perfectly.  Seriously.  The last bite was probably the best thing I've eaten in a long time.  It was a nice way to end the evening.  And, as you can see, Mr. F was jealous.


No comments:

Post a Comment