Friday, February 10, 2012

Feline Friday: Mr. E and Aglamesis

I was looking through some old photos a few nights ago when I ran across some of Mr. E as a kitten.  He's such a monstrosity now that I forget that he once fit into one of my hands.  Even during the first few weeks of our relationship he was very much involved in my creative process.  Below is one of my favorite photos from this time.  I use to work exclusively on the floor, for whatever reason.  This gave Mr. E ample opportunity to "help."  Here here I was trying to draw a sign for Aglamesis Bros.  when little Mr. E discovered his love for pencils.  I did a series of hand-painted signs for them.  This one was for some specialty drinks.  Some of these signs are still hanging behind the old-fashioned soda fountain.  Ahh, memories.


























I found this short video about Aglamesis Bros.  If you watch closely, you can see some of the signs when they pan past the soda fountain.  The signs are for cones, shakes, sodas and a sundae called the basin street.



When Mr. E got a bit older,  I was getting ready to go to work at Aglamesis Bros., but I couldn't find the visor to complete my uniform.  I looked everywhere, then I realized that someone else was already wearing it.






























Seriously.  He did that to himself.  It's strapped around his tummy.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment