Friday, January 20, 2012

Feline Friday

Last night I was sitting, contemplating what to draw, for what seemed to be an endless amount of time.  Nothing came to mind.  It had become that hour before feeding when Mr. E is at his most insistent.  He had positioned himself on the trunk in front of me and began his stare.  I mentioned this a few weeks ago when I completed a cartoon of Mr. E doing this exact thing.  He became like a statue, unblinking and motionless, and I figured if he was going to do this, and be here for this long hour, I might as well put the circumstance to some use.  I began sketching.  I mean, really sketching, not doodling.  It's been a while since I've done any realistic drawing and found it kind of freeing.  I started with his eyes since I have always found them to be intense.  He turned out to be a perfect model, with only an occasional meow interrupting the stillness of his pose.  I'm quite rusty at "sketching," it seems, but I do think I got a fairly good likeness of my little companion, especially in the eyes and nose.  Below is a detail of the sketch.  Happy Friday!

Mr. E

No comments:

Post a Comment