Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mission Completed: Footbridge

I finished up the footbridge painting.  It's currently getting framed and will shortly be on it's happy way to it's recipient.

This piece was a nice break from the usual "cuteness factory" that is my little studio.  I do not do a lot of landscape painting, but from time to time I am asked to and I happily accept the request.  This particular painting is of a small footbridge just off the side of a country road in Warren County Kentucky.  It's actually not that far from where I grew up.  On my last visit home, I got the chance to take a peek at this small wonder and get some good reference for the painting.

Footbridge of Warren County, acrylic on board, 8x10                    copyright Geri Shields, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment