Friday, June 1, 2012

Feline Friday: Experiments: Round 1

You may recognize the image below from the sketch I posted last week.  I'm trying out some different techniques for completing illustrations to see which ones I would like to incorporate into my current repertoire.  This is round 1.  Over the next few weeks you'll be seeing this image a lot, with slight variations.  I figured to get a good idea of what techniques work well for me and how each affects the finished product I should stay with a common image and color palate.  At the end of my exploration, I'll line them all up and compare the results.  Feel free to let me know what you think of each edition along the way. 

I do have to thank Mr. E for inspiring the main image.  This is his signature pose during the long, warm days of summer.  He positions himself directly under the ceiling fan in the living room and lets the soft white fur on his stomach sway in the breeze.  Since the temperature has been quite high the last few weeks, I've been seeing this display with increasing frequency.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment