Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In the Studio: Canvas!

i don't usually work on canvas.  i much prefer working on a hard surface like wood or illustration board.  But, as i mentioned before, i have this lonely roll of canvas sitting in the corner of my studio just waiting to be used.  i have had the thing for years.  i really can't remember the last time i made a canvas.  i did challenge myself this time by making my own stretchers instead of using the precut ones from the art supply store.  So i bought some 1x2's and quarter round, broke out my little mitre box and set out to make a special little canvas of my very own.

























Like i said, it's been a while since i made a canvas so it probably took me a little longer than it should have, but i think it came out pretty good.  after a few coats of gesso, it is now the home of a curious little beaver and is ready for paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment