Friday, December 14, 2012

Feline Friday: Holiday Baking

It's been quiet on here mainly due to the frenzy that is the holidays.  Like a lot of people, I do my share of holiday baking.  Cakes mostly, but I do love to make cookies this time of year.  My favorite are raspberry linzer cookies.  I haven't gotten around to making these tasty treats just yet, but I hope to carve out a bit of time soon to do so.

Each time I drag out the old mixer and start the baking festivities, Mr. F promptly jumps on the counter to assume his role of pastry chef.  Now, I appreciate help in the kitchen, and mostly he just observes from a little spot directly behind the mixer, but some times he tends to get in the way, especially when rolling out cookie dough.  At those times I either just send him on his merry way, or bring in a chair for him to sit on and still observe the process while conveniently being off the counter.  Here's a little peek of my little dude in his favorite pastry perch. 






































Here's a little doodle inspired by my big helper!  Happy Friday!


copyright Geri Shields, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment