Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sketchbook: Feeling a little squirrely

It's easy to see by the following sketches that I don't normally draw in a typical bound sketchbook.  I find that I forget to take the bigger sketchbooks with me when I go out and I usually lose the smaller ones, or end up filling them with recipes and lists instead of drawings.  I do tend to keep at least one notepad with me at all times.  For some reason I can keep up with those more easily.  Maybe it's because of the constant list making, and the fact I can shove them in my pocket.  Whatever the case, I do end up doing a lot of sketching on torn out pages of these notepads, or scrap paper that I keep handy at my desk.  I do have a "real" sketchbook and I do use it from time to time, but mainly its for working out ideas for bigger projects.

Anyway, on to the sketches...


 

Not sure what I'm going to do with the lion cub.  I just liked it.

I'm thinking of making the squirrel into a Valentine card.  I haven't decided how I'm going to finish it.  I either want to make a more finished drawing of it, or do small watercolor painting.  I haven't used watercolors in a long time.  I'm kind of itching to try them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment